Norland Legal team takes part in the IX Russian M&A Congress
On November 29, 2018, Managing Partner at Norland Legal Vladislav Lurye and Head of Financial and Digital Technologies Practice Rustam Rafikov took part in the work of «New Reality of M&A Transactions – key trends in structuring and executing transactions, the impact of sanctions on the conditions of transaction documents» section of the IX Russian M&A Congress organized by Cbonds. In the course of the section, our specialists, together with representatives of large Russian holdings and investment banks, discussed key trends in the M&A market, the impact of sanctions, and the specifics of preparing documents for a transaction under the Russian law.
Below we offer you the general conclusions defined by the participants of the section during the discussion:
– the volume of transactions settled under the Russian law has significantly increased, and requires the availability of appropriate expertise and experience of interaction with notaries and public authorities in the Russian Federation;
– Russian notaries gain experience in structuring transactions under Russian law, options, complex contracts, etc.;
– The state’s share in the IT industry is growing. State corporations and state funds are interested in the private equity market and heavily invest in it;
– deal breakers in M&A: sanctions, breach of confidentiality, a collusion of the buyer and seller with the participation of the investment bank;
– sanctions: the parties must agree on possible sanctions and consequences of their introduction upon entering a deal. Ultimately, they should provide for representations, liability for damages and other similar reservations.
Norland Legal lawyers consistently confirm their expertise in structuring and preparing M&A transactions under the Russian law, which also comprises the context of existing restrictive measures (sanctions), and regularly participate in events on this topic.
If you have questions, we will be happy to answer them:
+7 (495) 255-33-50, email@example.com, Rustam Rafikov, Head of Financial and Digital Technologies Practice.